A new world vision: School replaces detention with meditation

A Baltimore elementary school has been getting a lot of praise and web-traction lately for their use of meditation instead of detention. For the past year, children are sent to the “mindful moment room”, when they have misbehaved or need to wind down. Here they are coached to breathe and reflect on their feelings and actions. The…

Read More

Letting Yourself Play Too

“Joys of the season to you and all you love!” We do so much for others at this time of year, and for the outward displays of spirit. Whether celebrating the return of the sun, Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, or others, festivities and events call us to service. And sometimes, as adults, the little person inside…

Read More

Chocolate to Meditate On

I’ve practiced meditation for many years and now I’m embarking on the process of training to teach it. I’m training to teach Level 1 – The Prophet. I’ve grown so much through my meditation practice and I want to help other people, the way I’ve been helped. I want to empower others to fully live…

Read More

Garden Rainbows

One glorious summer day, as I was watering the garden with the garden hose, I became aware of a rainbow in the diamond-like water droplets coming from the hose. As I watered and watched the rainbow, I realized it was upside down with purple on the bottom and red on top. And then I remembered…

Read More

At the End of the Parade

In the Woods

So often in my life, I have expected a big brassy fanfare or an elegant display of light to precede big spiritual moments. When I find myself waiting for the fanfare, I’m reminded of a time from my teen years. I grew up in a small town about sixty miles outside of Chicago, where the…

Read More

Healing at the Wellness Show

I just finished another weekend of energy healings at the Vancouver Wellness Show. Our team of healers and teachers had so much fun working with whoever showed up, all beautiful in their unique way, and willing to try something different. Response to the “free energy healing” offer varies. Some people love it and bring their…

Read More

Understanding Immunity – Our Healing Power Within

When we support the natural processes in the body with a healthy diet, a low stress level, and less exposure to toxins, we are rewarded with a strong immune system and a responsive healing power within. On the contrary, a poor diet, daily stress, and exposure to toxins in food, water and the environment, all…

Read More