Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please note: sorry, there are no full or partial refunds once a course has started.
In Town Courses
In town courses are defined as a course being taught by a teacher in the city in which they live. Refunds are issued less a $50 administration fee up to 7 days prior to course start date. After 7 days before course start date, no refunds will be issued except under emergency situations approved by the Academy.
Out of Town Courses Cancellation/Refund Policy
Out of town courses are defined as courses where a teacher must travel into a city/area to teach. No refund 30 days prior to course start date. Full refund (less $50 administration fee) if notice is given in writing to the teacher more than 30 days before course start date, or if course is cancelled by the Academy. Out of town courses also have associated travel fees to cover the teachers travel expenses.
No full or partial refunds for partially finished courses (applies to all in town and out of town courses).
A non-refundable fee of $25 will be assessed for all insufficient funds whether by credit card, PayPal or cheque/check.
- Early Bird Tuition Rate: refers to those who have registered and paid in full 14 days in advance of the course start date (in town) and 30+ days in advance to assist teachers with their travel planning, who are from out of town. Applies to Levels 1 through 5 and Ancillary Courses.
- Regular Tuition Rate: the rate for students who register and pay less than 14 days prior to course start date.
- GST/HST (Canada only): all courses in Canada are subject to GST/HST of the province in which the course is taught. Courses in the U.S. are subject to applicable local taxes.
- Credit Card and PayPal Fees: associated fees will be added during "CheckOut" for each transaction.
Acknowledgement and Declaration
If you have a physical condition which requires special treatment throughout the day, please do not attend this program until your health has stabilized and your Health Professional agrees that attending the program would be beneficial.
If you are currently in treatment for psychological issues or problems, please do not attend this program unless you and your Health Professional agree that your emotional health is stable and that attending would be beneficial for you.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read the above information thoroughly and carefully and that I understand it. I have carefully considered all questions and have answered them truthfully.
Programs offered by Training in Power Academy are intended to assist you with your spiritual development. Because these programs are most effective when you discover them for yourself, rather than having them explained to you in advance, you may not be fully informed about the nature of the programs prior to enrolling. The effects of these programs on different individuals are not entirely predictable. The overwhelming majority of participants feel that the programs are beneficial and have a positive, exciting effect on their lives; however, you may not agree. Therefore, we ask that you make the following acknowledgments and representations and that you execute the following agreements.
I. Acknowledgments and Representations
- I understand that I may not be fully informed about the content of the Training in Power course I am about to take. While I understand in general terms the personal power and intuitive abilities the training is intended to help me achieve, the means used to attain those abilities have not been fully explained to me. I understand and acknowledge that the training is designed as an experience and that any benefits I receive from it will come through my own discovery and initiative, which could be defeated by prior explanation.
- I understand and acknowledge that in spite of the best efforts of Training in Power, I may not find value in the course, or I may experience potentially uncomfortable emotions as a result of taking the training. I assume all risk of such consequences, even though I do not fully understand the nature of the training I am about to attend. I understand that my response may depend on many factors, including such things as previous life experience, belief systems, individual openness to change, the ability to hear what others are saying and a willingness to be open to new information.
- I understand that the course is not psychotherapy nor medical therapy, nor is it a substitute for these services. I understand that the course leaders are not necessarily licensed psychiatrists or psychologists.
- I acknowledge that if I have mental or emotional problems or instabilities I should not take this course. If I have concerns about my mental or emotional health, I have consulted a psychiatrist, psychologist or other mental health professional before enrolling in this course, and that a mental health professional has approved my participation in the course.
- I do not have physical problems or deficiencies that would prevent me from fully participating in the course schedule. If I have any doubts about my physical ability to participate according to the published schedule, I have resolved all such doubts by consultation with my private physician prior to enrolling in this course. In such case, my physician has approved my participation in the course.
- If I have concerns about my mental or physical well-being or my level of stress during any class or meeting session, I agree to notify the teacher immediately. I understand that I am not bound to stay in a class or meeting against my will. If during the class or meeting (or afterwards) I feel the need for assistance from anyone, professional or otherwise, I take full responsibility for leaving the class or meeting and obtaining it for myself.
- I understand that Training in Power is relying upon the truth and accuracy of the above acknowledgments and representations in evaluating my eligibility to participate in its classes and meetings.
II. Indemnity and Release
I accept full personal responsibility for my participation in all Training in Power classes and meetings. Therefore, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, representatives, successors and assigns, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless and forever release and discharge Training in Power, its officers, agents, employees, class and meeting participants and representatives, and their successors and assigns from all injury, damage, claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (i) arising from or related to my participation in any of Training In Power’s classes and meetings, whether such claims are made on my behalf, by me or by a third party, or (ii) should any of my acknowledgments or representations in this Agreement prove to be untrue at the time they are made or subsequently. This indemnity and release includes loss, damage or injury resulting from the negligence of Training in Power or its officers, agents, employees, class and meeting participants and representatives, and their successors and assigns.
III. Dispute Resolution by Arbitration Only
If, at any time, I believe that I have claims against the Training in Power which are not released by the above agreements, I shall submit any and all such claims to binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and if the claim arises in Canada, I agree to submit it to arbitration in Vancouver, British Columbia, under the applicable arbitration rules of the Commercial Arbitration Act of the Province of British Columbia, regardless of where the claim arises. In either case, I agree that the award of the arbitrator shall be binding and may be enforced by any court of proper jurisdiction. I agree that any action I may file in a court of law in violation of this Paragraph may be removed by Training in Power to arbitration, and I shall not contest such removal.
I certify that I am 18 years or older, that I have read this document carefully, and that I understand its contents.
Note: A guardian’s signature is required for those under 18 years of age.
Last Updated: December 2017
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal and Non Personal Information we receive from users of traininginpower.com (the site).
By using the site and its services, you agree to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or blog?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We also use your information to provide technical support, and obtain feedback on our services, courses, and promotions.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf, such as Google Analytics.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
United States - Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
Canada - CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
CDNinfo@traininginpower.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
P.O. Box 44103
Burnaby, British Columbia V5B 4Y2