If you look at your body as an instrument, you may see that it is a vibrational form that allows you to move freely through this time/space continuum. As with any instrument, tuning is an ongoing activity, never perfect, always changing. The key to tuning any instrument is awareness.
The following two exercises are a great way to begin tuning the beautiful instrument that is your body. Find a peaceful place, be well watered, start listening to the consciousness of all your cells (not just the ones in your head:)…and begin!
Equalize The Weight On Both Feet
- Stand with your hands resting over your lower belly, and your feet hip width apart.
- Align the soles of your feet and distribute your weight evenly through both feet. For cramped feet: reach for the ground lovingly with intent. For sagging feet: feel a soft energy support bubble at the insteps.
- Allow an intimacy with all cells of both soles with the ground.
- Feel energy quickly trickling up from the bubbling springs or Yongquan point at the instep of the feet.
- Simultaneously feel energy express out through the padded part of the feet back into the ground.
- Feel this flow of energy up the inside of the legs to the pelvis/second chakra and then down the outside of the legs to the pads of the feet.
- Intend this circulation of energy for 3 minutes or longer.
See With Your Kneecaps
- Stand in the same position as the first exercise.
- Catch your in-breath with your hands.
- Breathe and build a grounding awareness.
- Open the eyes of your knees by gently contracting the muscles directly above your kneecaps.
- Hold these muscles in tone (instead of tension) for a few breaths.
- Feel a spinal alignment.
- Celebrate subtly.
- Repeat for a few more breaths.
Practice awareness walking with the eyes of the knees open. You’ll never stub your toe again!
Have fun tuning up and thanks for playing!
~ Megan Gerace