I have been interested in stones and crystals for as long as I can remember. As a child, I loved to collect pretty rocks and tumbled stones. For years before I took the Training, I would buy books about crystals that would tell me their different meanings. Little did I know that in some of these books, the author had received information about each crystal through meditation.
I decided to try it for myself, using the tools I learned in Level 1. Over the years, as I learned how to interpret my own information and trust myself more, I found I could open more and more to the information available to me. While I can still look at a book for a quick idea of what to do with a crystal, I find that each crystal is unique. It may have properties it shares with other crystals of its type, but it may also have properties of its own. When I work with crystals, I still find the best information comes from within, through meditating with them.
To begin, I recommend working with awakened, cleared crystals. One of the techniques we learned in Level 1 is how I clear my crystals. If you’d like to know more, please visit a Level 1 class near you for details!
Recently, I’ve been meditating with Sodalite. In its most common form, it is a rich blue stone interlaced with white striations.
My Read on the Metaphysical Properties of Sodalite
Here’s some of what I learned while meditating with a piece of Sodalite:
- Its energy feels like a gentle light blue, like a pale sky blue.
- Its energy promotes a sense of organization and balance, but with the essence of simplicity.
- On the throat chakra, it releases emotions (tension) caught in the throat.
- On the second chakra, it gently illuminates, bringing a sense of peace and grounding.
- On the 3rd eye chakra, it opens the third eye. It begins gently, by assuaging fears of seeing. Sodalite reminds me that there is order to the universe and that it is safe to look. It can also be used (with intention) to dispel illusion.
- On the crown chakra, sodalite can be used with intention to restore a sense of a greater order… a higher order.
- Held in the left hand, this crystal offers a sense of companionship and comfort – a sense of ease.
- Held in the right hand, it draws out and dispels negativity and clear it. When used this way, be sure to give the sodalite a good clearing afterward.
~ by Lisa Voisin, Level II Teacher